From 1 October 2021, most EU, EEA and Swiss citizens will only be able to enter the UK using a valid passport. ID cards will no longer be accepted as a valid travel document for entry to the UK. For further details and exceptions, please check GOV.UK.

Submit a General Aviation Report (GAR)

Use this service to:

  • Submit a GAR
  • View or cancel a GAR and edit draft GARs
  • Add, remove or manage people on your flight
Start now


You’ll need the following:

  • Aircraft details (including registration number and base)
  • Arrival and departure details (date, location and scheduled times)
  • Captain, crew and passenger details (including travel document information and UK visiting address)
  • Name and telephone number of the person responsible for goods on board
  • For guidance on entering the UK, click here

By email

Send the General Aviation Report form (opens in a new window), to the national coordination unit (NCU) to send to Border Force or the police.

You should title your email: ‘GAR, airfield registration, name of airfield, postcode of airfield (if known)’. Please check the attached guidance in the Related Content section before completing and submitting the GAR form.

By phone - In an emergency only

+44 (0) 300 123 2012