You are required to complete a GAR prior to your departure. For information about this process please see the following information
You can get support with using the service by emailing the Submit a GAR support team by emailing us at:
You can call the Submit a GAR team on:
Telephone: 0845 468 0084
From overseas: +44 (0) 845 468 0084
This is a 24/7 support service.
Find out about call charges
In an emergency, it is important that you contact the National Co-ordination Unit directly
Telephone: +44 (0) 845 723 1110
This number allows General Aviation pilots, operators or owners to amend or submit a General Aviation Report (GAR) for Border Force purposes in an emergency situation.
The emergency telephone line may only be used for a flight that is:
- Not required to report under the Terrorism Act 2000; and
- Is outside the GAR reporting timescales; and
An emergency such as:
- A medical emergency of a pilot/passenger; or
- Air Ambulance with critical passengers; or
- Other emergency requiring a change to information contained within an already submitted GAR; or
- Last minute changes to a submitted GAR, when changes to online version are not possible.